PREOPERATIVE EXAMINATION | EYE CLINIC - EMMETROPIA
On the day of preoperative examination, you will undergo a detailed visual examination to determine whether or not you are suitable for refractive surgery
This detailed examination, among others, includes:
- Objective as well as subjective determination of visual deficiency that needs correction
- Measurement of the axial length of the eye
- Topographic map of the surface of the cornea, in which "the hills" and "the valleys" are graphically illustrated - just like in a geographical map
- Visual acuity measurements
- Measurement of the pupils' size in the dark
- Measurement of the thickness of the cornea
- Optic nerve and retinal examination
If it is decided that you are eligible to undergo refractive surgery, the doctor will determine the vision correction you need for your daily needs.
You will be informed about the possible postoperative outcome of your vision as well as about the possible effects of the laser correction. Finally, please make plans to be in the clinic for at least two or three hours.